Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Blog #17

I emailed a survey out to 37 Ball State students on campus who live in Lafollette and 23 of those students responded. Most of the questions I asked regarded their stereotypes and preconceptions of Lafollette dining, where they ate the most, what they thought of the employees, etc. I found that most of their answers were similar to many of the student employees that I surveyed. Majority of the students felt that Lafollette Dining isn’t healthy and that it isn’t sanitary.

The point of this survey was to get an outsider’s point of view looking in of what they thought about Lafollette’s food and employees. This survey only confirmed that there are many stereotypes out there towards Lafollette Dining. This is my favorite piece of data because statistically I can use this survey to prove that there are many stereotypes and misconceptions towards Lafollette dining. Also, one of my themes that I want to address in my mini-ethnography are the misconceptions and stereotypes that many outsiders believe, and I plan on using my observations and interviews to help clear some of those up. I plan on explaining my story of how, at one time, I was an outsider with many misconceptions towards Lafollette dining. But once I started working more for Lafollette, I was able to see and realize what really goes on and many of those misconceptions no longer existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment