Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Blog #18

Throughout the fifteen weeks, I think I have really improved on my research and organizational skills. At the beginning, my research consisted of just going on Google and typing in a key term. But now, after going to the library, I have learned more on how to use Ball State’s databases and resources that I didn’t know how to use before. My organizational skills have also improved and I think that is all because of the blog postings. Doing the blog postings throughout the year have helped me to keep track of all my information from beginning to end.

I have to say that I still struggle with the writing process. I still wait until the last minute to write a paper and I think it reflects in my writing. All the papers we have done this year have been very new to me, so that has definitely had an effect on my writing. I think the main thing that I still need to work on is conducting a better rough draft. I think at times, I turned in a very rough draft, which didn’t help me because there was less to work with and in the end it hurt me because I had more work to do for myself.

Overall, I was really happy with this class. The only suggestion I would make is not having the blog postings due the same day as a paper. I felt like it was a little overwhelming with the two being due at the same time because I wanted to focus more on my paper, but at the same time I didn’t want to miss out on the blog points. I could have avoided that problem by not procrastinating, but I think it would be helpful if you did have the blog postings due on a different day.

I wouldn’t rework any of the assignments. I think they were very beneficial for our final mini-ethnography. However, I would have benefitted from more conferences. Conferences are very helpful to me because it gives me a chance to look over any comments that were made and allows me to ask any questions that I have. I would have really liked to conference with my mini-ethnography paper, but for lack of time I know we couldn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment