Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Blog #14

Throughout this semester, my actual writing process has not changed. I still wait until the last possible minute to write a blog or paper, and I still don’t outline before I start writing. However, since starting this course I have been opened to different types of writing. The Research Proposal was probably the assignment that gave me the most trouble. I was aware of how to do it, but I had trouble actually writing it and determining my research question. Also, I felt like throughout this assignment I was very repetitive and that I was saying the same thing over and over again. On the other hand, I found that the annotated bibliography was one assignment that I had the least trouble on. I expected it to be very difficult, but in the end it was just a matter of summarizing eight sources and explaining how those sources could be used in our mini-ethnography.

I write because it is a great way for me to communicate to others and to stay in contact with people that I wouldn’t have otherwise. I do this by emailing and going on facebook. There is not a day where I am not on the computer checking my email or going on facebook. I also write daily in my journal to reflect and pray about things going on in my life, and believe it or not, I have to write papers in my other classes too.

As much as I am excited to get done with my English credits, writing will still be apart of my life in the future. I will have to fill out job applications, write papers for other classes, and I know I will have to create a portfolio at the end of my dietetic internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment