Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Blog #1

This past semester, I had to write a reflection paper. There were no requirements on the paper except the length, so I wrote without outlining. The first part of the process was to turn in a rough draft. This rough draft was edited in class by some of my peers and then immediately returned. The second step was to revise our first draft. The purpose of revising is to correct the editing or corrections that were made. After revising, I had to set up a conference with my professor. Conferencing is very beneficial to me because I can have one on one time with my teacher about my paper and ask any questions that I may have. After conferencing, I revised my paper for a second time and turned it into a final draft. Once graded and returned back I could revise it again in order to get a better grade. Granted, I know not all teachers are like this, but it was very helpful to be able to revise a third time to improve my grade.
When writing a paper, I typically procrastinate until the last possible night in a quiet room where I can focus on getting it done. I struggle with writing papers especially when getting started. Once I get going it gets easier to me, but when it comes to actually picking a topic and getting started I struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment