Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Blog #3

I plan on exploring the Lafollette employees who work in the buffet. The buffet is open Sunday through Friday morning, and it is all you can eat $3.95 for breakfast and $7.30 for dinner. I have been to the buffet many times this school year to eat breakfast and dinner. I find myself going to the buffet more now during the winter time because of the cold weather outside, laziness and its convenience of being right downstairs from where I live. I have actually become more familiar with Lafollette buffet not only from eating there, but because I have started to work there. In doing this, I have come to understand all the hard work that is put in daily. Since I go to the buffet a lot throughout the week I notice all of the food preparations, cooking, baking and cleaning that goes on while I am there. Now, that I have begun to work there I expect to develop more of a relationship with the employees. Developing these relationships will help me get a better understanding of what they do on a daily basis when I am not there. My age, race, and gender will not affect what I see because at the buffet the employees are of all different ages, race and gender. Knowing that there aren’t any restrictions will only better my exploration of the buffet employees. Being an insider now, I hope to discover what goes on behind the scenes.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this idea. Knowing what goes on behind the scenes in the food industry is realy cool. I don't go to the buffet a lot but knowing how it all works, I may change my mind and start going a little more.

    ReplyDelete