Monday, January 19, 2009

Blog #2

For hours at a time, I communicate and message people back and forth without even seeing them and it is all for free. Even if they are all the way across the country, I can still talk to them as long as they are on my list of friends. All I have to do is type a message and press post on the screen and it automatically posts on the other person’s screen aka wall. Not only can that person see what I write, but their friends as well. In order to consider someone to be my friend I have to ask them. It is then up to them if they want to accept or deny my friendship. Once becoming friends, I have access to all that they do. I can see who is writing to them, who they are writing to, all of their friends and what friends we have in common, when their birthday is, their relationship status, email address, photos that they might have added, where they are from, etc. Also, if they happen to be online while I am, we can send messages back and forth to each other without anyone seeing what we write to each other. Facebook is a great way to communicate with others, and it is also a way of stalking others without anyone else knowing.

1 comment:

  1. Haha. I really liked your story about facebook. It was really cool how you wrote about something so relevent to our age groups and culture.

    ReplyDelete