Friday, March 27, 2009

Blog #13

I plan on structuring my mini-ethnography by categories and within each category I plan on organizing my information chronologically by time period. In doing that, it will help others to track my process from beginning to end. I plan to begin my mini-ethnography with an overview of who I am and give a little information on my subculture. I don’t plan on starting off with a specific informant because I plan on grouping all my informants together with the observations and reflections that I made throughout the whole process. I think it is important to include my interest in the subculture, as well as, my place in the subculture. This will help my readers’ develop a better understanding as to why they should be interested in the subculture and get a better understanding of how I became apart of the subculture. I am going to proceed through the paper chronologically based on when certain things happened. My research will be used to guide my paper along. I will not include my actual sources chronologically, but I will take the reader chronologically through my research process and how I found more information as time went on. I plan on incorporating and creating sections based on themes because in the end it will all add up to one major theme. I plan on concluding my mini-ethnography by summarizing the whole process and clear up any misconceptions that were made of the subculture. I think the structure that I have chosen will be the best for what I want to do because it will help my readers see the subculture from an outsider’s point of view to an insider’s perspective from beginning to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment