Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Blog #9

"Chefs, Cooks, and Food Preparation Workers." Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2008-09 Edition. 2007. United States Department of Labor. 18 Feb 2009 <http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos161.htm.>

The Occupational Outlook Handbook is constructed so you can look up certain occupations that you are interested in and want more information for. In my case, I looked up preparation workers and it gave me more information regarding chefs, cooks and food preparation workers. Basically, it gave me an overview of what a food preparation worker does, how much they get paid, training that need in order to become a food preparation worker, and job opportunities that are available.

This source is really going to help me with finding out more in depth information of some of the employees that work in Lafollette. Knowing more of their background information will help me get to know them on a more personal level. Also, when interviewing, I will be able to ask them more questions relating to their job and what they do.

Student Employee Handbook: Residence Halls Dining Service. Muncie, IN: Ball State University, 2008.

I am an employee at Lafollette Buffet and in order to work there you have to go through a training session and in that training session you get a Student Employee Handbook. This handbook consists of the different rules regarding sanitation procedures, appearance requirements, training, absences, etc. It also talks about behaviors on the job, roles of the employees and residence hall dining services mission and values.

I never would of thought of using my employee handbook as a reference, but now that I have looked through it and actually read it I think this source will be of some importance. This handbook is what is expected out of each employee and being an employee I know that some of these rules, behaviors and values are not met. Using this source has already provided me with a new approach that I can take with my research and observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment