Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Blog #5

As of now, I have a pretty good idea of what to expect from my subculture and what it is like. I can conclude that the workers at the buffet are always preparing and getting food ready for the next day. They like to plan ahead of schedule, so they are not behind, and like I said before it is all about routine. Other conclusions I have made are that on a daily basis they are busy. Whether it is seven in the morning or seven at night there is always something to do. Also, I became aware of some of the workers’ personalities and how some of the workers are very open and will say whatever is on their mind. I find that the more I work the more I pick up on little observations and details about the employees themselves. I have not actually been to my site as an outsider yet, but I plan to in the near future.

I think that this subculture would be different compared to other food places. I know that from being to the different food places on campus there are a wide variety of employees of different age, race and gender just like Lafollette. However, in each location there are different rules, rituals and behaviors that go on. What makes Lafollette so different from every other buffet are the employees and how it is run. Also, location plays a role because Lafollette is a freshmen dorm, so mainly freshmen go to Lafollette compared to Noyer or Woodworth.

No comments:

Post a Comment